February 4, 2012
Last Night, while I was on Twitter I read a tweet by one of my batch mates, saying that he got accepted in DLS-CSB. Since that was the only university I've applied to, whom I've been waiting for decades to release the results.
I told John at once - since he took the exam as well. Of course I got so nervous, being able to pass that was enough for me, since my hopes of entering the BIG FOUR were not fulfilled, this was my only chance to enter a decent university.
After telling him, he checked it - I suppose - and told me that he was wait listed, I was indeed happy for him. Then he called me and told me that I got in. I was so shock, I mean I have the confidence to say that I can pass, but after all I've been through, I still want to know if I REALLY got in or not.
I checked it, and I did pass.
They call DLS-CSB, "ang bagsakan ng mga hindi pumapasa ng DLSU". But even if they say that it's the school for stupid people (sorry) I didn't care. I know that they have great culinary facilities there and I've heard of students from the school, who were offered outstanding jobs outside the country. I'm gonna take this seriously, I know that this is what I want, I know that I'll be happy and successful, I can feel it.
It's true what they say, the university you go into does not define your success, it might be the tool for your success but it does not define who you are, it does not define what you can show to the world. I know what I can do and any time soon I'll show them.